When you begin searching for the best replacement windows for your home, you may be overwhelmed by the variety and choices you have. That’s why it is helpful to work with a professional who can assist you in defining your needs, wishes and budgets. Still, you should go into the process knowing some of the basics, like the parts of a window. That way you’ll have a good idea of what your replacement window professional is talking about.
Here’s a handy graphic to give you a look at the different parts of a basic double-hung window.
There are many upgrades and additions that you can make a replacement window more energy efficient and stylish. Some of the more popular include:
- Between the Glass Grilles. These are grilles are installed between window panes. They have the same great look as regular divided windows, but make cleaning the “open” window pane much easier.
- Hardware & Finish Upgrades. These include specially coated or burnished metals and specialty finishes that can add a nice touch to the window.
- Non-Standard Colors. Bristol Windows come in a range of colors and finishes, but you can also special order them to match your décor.
- Triple Insulated Glass. Glass with three layers, which improves energy efficient and reduces noise significantly.
- Simulated Divided Light Grilles. Grilles that are applied to both sides of the window (interior and exterior) which simulate the look of a window with multiple glass lites.
- Tilt-In Sashes. Allows the window sash to tilt-in from the inside so you can clean the exterior glass more easily.
Want to learn more about replacement windows? Call Rescom today at (866) 410-5884 to schedule a free in-home consultation.