How to Properly Care for Your New Bristol Doors
Rugged and beautiful, Bristol entry and patio doors require virtually no maintenance! But proper care is key to ensuring that you get the most value out of your doors or window replacement in Auburn and the surrounding areas. Here are our tips on how to best care for your new Bristol entry or patio doors:
- Do not clean your new door for at least 14 days after installation.
- To clean your door, use a hot water and mild soap solution.
- Do not use strong cleaning agents, solvents, or abrasives, as they will cause fading, staining, or scratching.
- If desired you may wax the door with car wax after 90 days.
- For glass, using household glass cleaner with soft, clean cloth.
- Locksets may be lubricated occasionally with WD-40 or a similar product.
- For locking problems please contact a qualified locksmith.
- For brass finish, apply a light coat of wax to deter tarnishing.
- Although we use high-temperature trim on our doors, an exterior storm door may cause excessive heat to build up that may lead to warping of the trim. We strongly advise removing storm doors, or vent the storm door adequately.
When expertly installed by Rescom technicians and properly care for by you, your new Bristol entry or patio doors will add lasting value to your home in the form of curb appeal and energy efficiency. And as a fully certified Bristol door installation specialist, we at Rescom back each entry and patio door we install with their industry-leading 50-Year Warranty, helping to give you peace of mind in knowing that your doors will be protected throughout their lifespan!
Learn More About Your Doors and Windows from Auburn’s Replacement Experts!
Call us at (774) 321-6750 to schedule your free in-home consultation on new doors or replacement windows in Auburn or any of the surrounding areas. Or simply complete our online request form.