If you’ve been contemplating window replacement for some time now, there’s no better season to finally take the plunge than spring. In fact, planning for your window project while it’s still winter can put you ahead of the game once the warmer weather shows up because you’ll be first in line with your window contractor. Here are five reasons why you shouldn’t delay window replacement any longer.
- Increasing energy bills: If those bills have slowly been creeping up this past year, your outdated windows are likely to blame. That’s because age and extreme weather can cause gaps and cracks to form, allowing heat to escape and force your HVAC system to work harder. Did you know the Department of Energy says that failing windows are responsible for up to 25 percent of a typical heating bill? Replacement windows can curb heating and cooling costs dramatically, ensuring you stay more comfortable at a lower cost.
- Low curb appeal: Is your home’s exterior suffering from the out of style windows that don its front? Today’s modern replacement windows are not only energy efficient and functional, they’re beautiful too. And with so many colors and styles available in terms of trim, as well as accents like grid patterns, you have a variety of aesthetic choices at your disposal. From bay and bow windows to casements and awnings, you’re sure to find the right fit for a more appealing exterior.
- Increase resale chances: If you’re looking to sell in the near future, you may be happy to know that replacement windows represent one of the best home remodeling projects when it comes to ROI. You can get about 80 percent of the project cost back in home value, points out HouseLogic.
- Easier cleaning: If you dread the seasonal task of cleaning your old windows because of the time and risk to safety involved, this is reason enough alone to consider replacement. Double hung windows allow you to clean both sides of your windows from the inside. No need to risk your life on a ladder, no need to spend a whole weekend on this dreaded window cleaning task. Easy, simple, done.
- Save money with a tax credit: Back in 2016, the federal government instituted a tax credit for certain residential remodeling projects, of which window replacement was one. This happens from time to time…the credits come and go, they expire and then are re-instituted. The tax credit wasn’t available in 2017, but that’s not to say 2018 won’t be different. You’ll just have to keep an eye out for this or ask your accountant. In general, you may be eligible for a tax credit when installing Energy Star replacement windows as high as 10% of the cost up to $200.
Need more reasons why you shouldn’t put off this project? Call Rescom Exteriors now to learn more at 508-832-5202.