Who would think that new windows can improve your everyday life? Well, it’s true. From increased natural light and energy savings to beauty and function, replacing your existing windows can add value to your lifestyle and home. Here are five ways this happens:
- Increased natural sunlight: Your existing windows may be foggy, have large frames, grids or other obstructions that don’t provide your rooms with much sunlight. Modern windows are made with light, minimally invasive frames that offer more surface area and thus more light to stream through. The more light that comes through, the less electricity you use, which lowers your energy bills. And you get more Vitamin D, which is in short supply in New England winters. So, new windows can actually make you happier and healthier!
- More warmth: Heat flows out of your home in winter; in the summer, it flows in. When your windows are properly insulated, this heat flow is reduced. You use less energy, keeping more money in your pocket. Plus, you feel more comfortable through all seasons because the interior temperature is regulated. It all has to do with the R-value; the higher it is, the greater the insulating power is. Those living in cold climates like the Northeast need higher R-values than those in a warm climate like Southern California, says the Federal Trade Commission.
- Beauty: You may not think windows go a long way in transforming the appearance of your home, but it’s absolutely true. From the inside and out, new windows with clean trim and seamless lines offer an aesthetic that can’t be denied. Make replacement windows a part of your home’s makeover and you’ll quickly see how much they contribute to the overall beauty of your property.
- Function: No one likes to clean windows, but with replacement windows, this task is made much easier. We dare say you may even look forward to cleaning them! Well, maybe that’s going too far. But the bottom line is, double hung windows allow you to open and clean the inside and out without risking life and limb by climbing up on a ladder outside.
- Energy savings over the long-term: Because you’re getting more natural light, you’re using fewer lights during the day. And because the windows themselves have high insulating values, you’re keeping the heat inside in winter, right where it belongs, so you don’t have to operate your heating system quite as much. Money savings = happy homeowners.
Ready to improve YOUR life? Call Rescom Exteriors today at 508-832-5202 to learn how our windows can make your home more functional and beautiful.