It’s likely that your household is divided into two camps: those who are always cold and want to jack up the heat and those who would rather deal with a little cold and bundle up than waste money on high heating costs. But what if we told you there is a way to co-exist, with an indoor temperature that stays consistent, saves you money and doesn’t require you to dress up in 10 layers in your own home?
There is a better way: energy efficient replacement windows. Here are some ways in which energy efficient windows can make your home more comfortable throughout winter, keeping everyone in your family happy.
Indoor Temperature Regulation
Energy efficient windows help you better regulate your indoor temperature. If your heating and cooling bills haven’t been the most stable and you find they are going up with no rational explanation, your windows are at fault. Drafty windows (and doors) are responsible for much of your energy loss. In fact, according to Energy.gov, new windows can help reduce heat loss by 10 to 20 percent.
Preservation of Heating System
With high-quality windows, your heating system won’t kick on so often. This benefit is two-fold: it saves you from using up too much of your heating source (whether that’s electricity or oil, etc.) and it extends the lifespan of your heating unit because it won’t go through so much wear and tear.
Of course, the best advantage here is that energy efficient windows will save you money on heating bills. Energy lost through inefficient single and double pane windows is costing you money. Our Bristol windows provide a U-Value 30 percent lower than Energy Star’s lowest U-Value rating due to reinforced vinyl-frame designs – a material that does not retain or absorb extreme temperatures of heat or cold.
Winter is no doubt the worst time to have old, drafty, inefficient windows. When installing high-quality, energy-efficient replacement windows, you can save between 12 and 33 percent each year on heating and cooling bills – a savings of up to $275 annually.
How Energy Efficient Windows Keep Your Home Warmer in Winter
Here are some great reasons why energy efficient windows keep you warmer in winter – also all great reasons to install replacement windows this season. New windows:
- Brighten your home, encouraging more natural light. In the warmer winter months, you can open your drapes and curtains to let the sun work for you naturally, using less artificial heat and saving money.
- Rid the home of drafts, helping to cut back heat loss by up to 20 percent.
- Reduce the need for applying film, caulking and weather stripping.
- Provide extra protection from the elements. You can also opt for add-ons such as low-E coatings and argon gas between the panes for even more protection.
- Have a lower U-Value, which measures how effective a material is as an insulator. The lower this number is, the better the material acts in terms of being a heat insulator.
- Create a weather-tight barrier for your home because they’re made with sturdy frames complemented by advanced glass packages. Keep in mind, our Bristol windows bear the NFRC label, which shows their energy-saving properties.
Contact Rescom Exteriors
To learn more about our energy efficient Bristol windows, contact us for your free in-home consultation today. You can leave all those sweaters in the closet this winter!