This is one of the first questions our customers ask us here at Rescom Exteriors. It’s a great question. After all, you’re busy, you have a family…you don’t want your daily life disrupted for too long. We understand that, which is why we do all we can to get in and get out as quickly as possible while doing an exceptional, efficient job.
In general, most installations can be done in one day. The exception to this is, naturally, when you have a very large house with multiple windows, or specialty windows that require extra attention to install. We will let you know if extra time is needed; but most times, you can expect us at your home for just one day.
Overall, it takes three to four weeks to order your custom-made windows to be manufactured. Once you schedule your consultation with us, we will visit your home, take measurements, speak with you about what window styles you want, etc. Detailed measurements help ensure a perfect fit of each and every window. Remember, every window is custom made to your specifications and space.
Once your windows are ready, it takes about one to two weeks to schedule the installation. We will keep you in the loop regarding what you need to do to prepare for our visit.
This will include:
- Removing photos from the walls.
- Removing shelving from walls and any collectibles that may be on them.
- Moving furniture away from the windows or covering them with sheets or tarps.
- Clear a path to your windows, both inside and out.
- Make sure your driveway is clear so our driver can fit the truck and unload all the windows.
Factors That Affect Window Installation Time
Sometimes, things happen out of our control that will impact the timing of your window installation, such as:
- The complexity, size and amount of your window order.
- Whether the windows are standard size or custom built.
- The material of the walls surrounding your window openings, such as brick, wood, vinyl, or stucco.
- Obstructions in front of the windows on the home’s exterior, such as plants or heavy outdoor furniture.
- Obstructions, such as heavy sectionals and shelving, around the window openings on the home’s interior that have not been moved by the homeowner prior to contractors’ arrival.
- Amount of damage around the existing window.
- One story home versus two or more story home.
- The Homeowner Association rules in your neighborhood.
Contact Rescom Exteriors
To schedule your consultation and learn more about the timeline for window installation, contact us at 774-321-6750.