So you finally decided to replace the old, worn out windows in your home with new, state-of-the-art windows. Good for you! Now comes the part that is fun, but can also be frustrating: choosing the right window style for your home.
What? You did not know you had a choice? If you thought you had to replace your old windows with the exact same design, think again. Your window replacement project is an excellent time to update the look and feel of your home by swapping out the dated look of your old windows with a fresh, new style. Here are some of your options.
- Replace double hung windows (a very popular style in New England) with compact, easy to operate casement windows. Even traditional architectural styles can benefit from the sleek and modern look of a casement window.
- Combine two windows into one large viewing space by installing a picture, bay or bow window. Get plenty of natural light and a great big look at the great outdoors with a wider window choice. Bays and bows even extend your home’s space out away from your walls, while a picture window offers a broad and flat surface.
- Choose a non-traditional window style like awning windows or garden windows. Awning windows are hinged at the top and open out to allow you to keep fresh air flowing, even when it is raining outside. Garden windows give you a “box” of space which you can use for storage, to grow plants, or simply to open up more space in a room.
- Make up your own style. Modern frame and glass materials can be customized to fit almost any size and shape. If your home has a unique corner or tight spaces, we can design and build a window to fit perfectly.
- Replace a window with a door. If you have a room that opens onto a deck or outdoor space, we can install a gorgeous sliding patio door to provide ingress and egress that you’ll never have with a window.
With the window customization services available here at Rescom Exteriors, the sky’s the limit when it comes to imaginative use of windows in your home. Call us at (866) 410-5884 to schedule a free in-home design consultation and estimate. We can help you make your home look its best with replacement windows that work!